That site is higher up because the website it is part of most probably has hundreds and pages and many external links to relevant site a big factor google uses when ranking pages. :)
don't worry, me and BrightSpark! will help u :D
you shud b on top urz is da best!
I feel attraced to her.... its the glasses.......... sooooooooo thick and round!
keep her on dale she's FIT 2 FUCK (( BECAUSE IM A LESBO)) HONRY XXXXXXXXXXXXX
yo mannn she looks like my mum LOL and thats bad yes you can count me to help you dale
take that old donkey off.......she looks like harry potters mother... HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA....and she SINKS
Hmmm, maybe if you get some big round glasses and a wig too?
I have some tips:
1) Put meta tags on ALL your websites
2) make sure people put links on there web pages to this page
3) set up 'fake' pages which basically have links to this website
4) you put links to other peoples website
5) update the website frequently
6) add to search engines (usually free, just google 'free search engine submission')
7) at a link in sig in forums (forums are highly ranked)
That will increase you website rank but I am afraid you ain't gonna beat amazon and a university website. They pay hundreds of pounds every year to make sure there website is high, and with the thousands of hits daily you are not gonna beat em.
Hope that helps
Drop the use of tables, seperate style from content, (code with professionally with web standards, accessiblity). Build Links, with the anchor text being the words you wish rank well for 'dale hay'.
"set up 'fake' pages which basically have links to this website" - and recieve a google ban!
After a bit of very quick research you should be able to rank first for "dale hay", hardly a competitive term! :)